Monday, December 14, 2009

Crveno




"Crveno"- meaning red. I chose to name this piece red because the colors remind me of the burning red sun. This project consisted of wrapping coils into a bowl-like structure and adding barnacles to the outer surface by rolling balls into different sizes and creating a hole with the tip of a paint brush.
After making the bowl I began to disperse the barnacles around the bowl. After the barnacles were slipped on I took a tooth pic and jagged the edges of the barnacles by swiping them on the edge, creating a more rough look. After it was fired I painted the entire piece in a red underglaze, so the glaze would show through.
Soon after the red underglaze dried, I painted on the glaze called Red Dragon. This glazed turned out too dark, so I added another glaze to lighten it up called Sunset Orange. This blasted the color so beautifully in random areas. After that I put rub n buff on the edges of the barnacles as well as sponged in different places on the piece. I love this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment